- Graduated from or studying in Matthayom 6 or equivalent.
- Graduated from or studying in the final year of grade 12 or grade 13 at an accredited college or higher-education institution in Thailand or abroad.
- Obtained or expected to receive a qualification equivalent to Matthayom 6, or passed a high school equivalent standard test [GED, GCE ‘A’ Level], as approved by the Ministry of Education before the start of Academic Year.
- GED (before May 2017) — minimum total score of 2250 on 5 subjects, and at least 410 points on each subject.
- GED (after May 2017) — minimum score of 145 on all 4 subjects and having a “pass”.
- IGCSE, GCSE, GCE O level — A* to C on all 5 different subjects with the transcript.
- GCE A-Level — A* to E on at least 3 different subjects with the transcript.
- IBDP — at least grade 3 on at least 5 different subjects.
- Level 3 with Record of. Achievement
- Level 2 with the Record of Achievement: At least 80 credits achieved (60 credits at Level 2 or above + 20 credits at Level 1 or above), with English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) considered as a subject.
- At least 60 credits achieved on 5 different subjects at Level 2 or above, with at least 4 credits of English (Literacy) without English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), and at least 4 credits of Mathematics (Numeracy) with the Record of Achievement.
The applicant should submit at least one of the following standardized test results and obtain a score that meets the minimum requirements as specified below:
- School letter: cumulative GPA in high school (at least 4 semesters) in the class rank of 75th percentile.
- SAT general test score of 1020 or higher or GSAT score of 1020 or higher.
- ACT composite score of 19 or higher – or IB Diploma score of 29 or higher.
- Any national higher education board exam result (such as A-Level, Gaokao, GAT/PAT) that the admission committee considers equivalent to one of the above qualifications.
- Certificates from any academic activities provided by the College of Materials Innovation and Technology – KMITL (Applicants may provide the certificate on the interview day).
English Language Requirement
The applicant should submit at least one of the following English proficiency test scores and obtain a score that meets the minimum requirement as specified below:
- paper-based: 550 or higher
- CBT: 213 or higher
- IBT: 79 or higher
- IELTS: 6.0 or higher
- Cambridge English Exam (FCE, CAE or CPE): 170 or higher
- English A1 or A2: 4 or higher
- English B (HL): 5 or higher
- KMITL – TEP: B2 or higher
Remark: If the applicant cannot fulfil any of the above English requirements, he or she will be required to enrol in additional “English as a Second Language (ESL)” courses at KMITL, provided that the applicant is admitted.
An “Academic Excellence Freshmen Scholarship” is offered to applicants with excellent academic performance to pursue their undergraduate education in the international programs at the College of Materials Innovation and Technology, KMITL. The scholarship will be granted for 1st-year students with exceptional academic records. Approximately 2 scholarships can be awarded.
Join us in 7 steps!
- Make sure your score passed the requirements mentioned above.
- Check for the admission announcement and apply it at https://new.reg.kmitl.ac.th/admission/
- Check for the interview announcement and find your name. If your name is not on the list, you can apply it again in the next admission round.
- Prepare portfolio and get ready for the interview.
- Check for the interview results. If your name is not on the list, you can apply it again in the next admission round.
- Confirm your eligibility at the myTCAS website (TCAS Clearing House).
- Pay the tuition fees
- Buy student uniforms and accessories at facebook.com/smocmit.kmitl
- Get Health care checkup at http://medicalcenter.kmitl.ac.th/
- Get @KMITL email account (the admin will send the login details before August).
- Make a Student ID card (will be provided by KMITL).
- Check and register for the GenEd course (if needed).
- Get ready for the class and find new friends!
Last updated on 17-Jan-2022